Only 10 John Britten Cardinals were ever produced, and Classic Motorcycle Mecca boasts the Number 1 Cardinal Britten. This bike is absolutely iconic, and she’s a beauty.
- Only two Cardinal Britten bikes are on permanent public display in New Zealand: one at Te Papa Tongarewa (the national museum in Wellington), and here at Classic Motorcycle Mecca
- Built by John Britten and his team in their Christchurch workshop back in the early 1990s
- Almost every component of the Cardinal was not only custom-designed, but hand-built
- The attention to detail and care poured into its production is evident in every glimpse
- With its radical new engine, lightweight body made from carbon fibre, and streamlined design – not to mention its striking pink and blue paint job – the Cardinal Britten was legendary from the get-go.
Nothing’s as good as seeing the real deal: to admire this beauty up close and to find out more technical details, make sure you come on into Classic Motorcycle Mecca – the leading classic motorcycle collection in the Southern Hemisphere. We’ve done our utmost to ensure details about each bike in our extensive collection are accurate: but if you spot something that’s not quite right, we’d love to hear from you.