1934 Brough Superior 680

The 680 was George Brough’s third production model, following the legendary SS80 and SS100.

  • A mere 546 of the Brough Superior 680 were produced between 1926 and 1936
  • Powered by a 674cc, overhead-valve, J.A.P, V-twin engine, this Brough Superior 680 also features Castle front forks – a Harley-Davidson design replicated and produced by Brough under the Castle brand
  • Like all Brough machines, the handlebars were shaped to suit each purchaser’s requirements – the handlebars on this machine are complete with right and left-hand twist grips, rather than the standard lever system
  • Accompanying this bike are extensive records, which show this machine left the Brough factory in Herefordshire on 27 April, 1934
  • It was supplied new to dealers, Chas. Cope & Sons
  • The factory records also show a new engine number was supplied in May of 1937, although the current engine hails from 1934 and has an S suffix, denoting an engine built to exact customer specifications
  • This example was acquired for the Ward Brothers collection of Veteran, Edwardian Pioneer and Vintage Motor cars and Motorcycles in 2005 from the late Colin Pinder, a stalwart of not only the Brough Club but also the Scott Owners Club and the V.M.C.C
  • It came to New Zealand via an auction held in Henley-on-Thames in July 2009
  • In 2012, this bike underwent a further comprehensive restoration that was carried out by United Kingdom-based Brough specialist David Clark.
Other Brough Superior Bikes Collection